Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

gaffers and sattler space heater

bkw

i had to replace the fan motor on this heater. its the wharehouse type that hangs from the ceiling. now i cant figure out how to reconnect wires. it has no model number.

hopefully its generic enough for somebody to help me rewire.

thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should be a wiring diagram pasted inside the left or right side of the case.  You may have to take off a few screws.  It may even be a sticker on the visible metal case along the back side where the rear of the motor is. 

Use this link to take you to the Reznor Unit Heater site, click on the Installation Section and you will get a PDF with a pretty generic diagram that should help you out:

https://www.rezspec.com/catalog-f.html

Basically get the motor down to only 2 wires to fool with, tape everything else off. Then all you have to do is connect one wire to common and the other one to a F90 Klixon mounted on the heat exchanger.

thank you,

the rezspec link did not help.

by common do you mean the white neutral wires?

i wont be able to fool with it for a couple of days.

hope you will be able to assist more if i need it.

thanks again

Common  is just neutral on any 120 volt circuit. If you work it down to 2 wires then it is way easy. Since AC is alternating current you cannot hook it up backwards, WHY? because the field to the heater motor will only move in one direction no matter what wire you hook up either way. The only way the motor could move the other way is to take it apart and turn the field around.

Archived