Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
EuroApps

Help with replacing belt on Asko Dryer (T700)

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could provide me some tips on replacing the belt on a T700 Asko Washer. I've popped the top. I removed the screws that hold the backplane to the chassis. The drum appears to be connected to the backplane. It appears that I would be able to remove the entire backplane with drum if it weren't for the electrical connectors that are mounted on the backplane. Do I have to remove the wires or is there an easier way?

THanks much !

Axel

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Heading says dryer, post says washer.  I do not know this brand but here are some diagrams for the belt threading for the dryer, but someone else will have to help you with taking it apart..

Some help on this here. You'll need Adobe (formerly Acrobat) Reader (free here) to read this.

I ended up undoing all the screws and the necessary wires going into the power box.  Coincidentally the couple of photos i took of the wiring harness failed to capture the position of 2 brown and one white wire?  Any ideas or a pic on that would save me $$$$...  I can't find one anywhere, and I don't think the showroom will let me take apart their washer... thanks

Do you still have the pics? Can you take some more for me?

See my post in "Asko, Dryer, Wiring"

Many thanks for any help

IBK

Thanks for the ASKO dryer belt posts. I replaced my T701 belt without a hitch. I made a tentative appointment for a repair dude to check out the problem, but when they told me it was $80 to show up and $18 for every 15 minutes I was really determined to do the job myself. RepairClinic had my belt (kit) for $23 + shipping. I may splurge on a filet mignon dinner this weekend for all the dough I saved.

Thanks for this great forum.

Hello to all! Thanks to this great forum, I have successfully repaired my 8-year-old Asko T720 dryer, less than a week after one of the drum rollers disintegrated. I also replaced the belt, the front drum gasket/felt, and a fuse holder that a repairman ruined. The dryer runs like new again and I'm a very happy guy. The pictorial instructions were a big help, right down to telling me which back panel screws to remove. The only thing I would add is that my dryer had a molded plastic cap over the nut at the rear of the drum, that I had to cut away with a box knife. After that, it was smooth sailing.

Best,

Joel