Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
omission

Whirlpool gas dryer stops heating....

7 posts in this topic

I have a Whirlpool gas dryer model # LGR4634JQ0. The dryer works fine and heats up the clothes for a short period of time and then the heat stops working. I also start to hear a buzzing type of sound coming from inside the dryer. If I wait several hours, the heat will work again, but then the same thing happens. I checked the thermostats and thermal fuse and they were fine. Seeing as the heat actually works on occasion, I really wasn't suspect of them. Any ideas?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Would suspect the coils on top of the gas valve have gotten weak and need to be replaced.

gotta second Pegi  ... change the coils on the gas valve

Hello, my buzzing friend. I find myself in distinguished company in joining the chorus of advice directing you to replace the valve coils.

Just replaced the coils today. The buzzing stopped and the heat works again. Thanks for all the help!

Cool, we saved another appliance from the black hole.....Thanks for letting us know....;)