Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Troy

Fridge

6 posts in this topic

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

How about a model number so we can see what black casing you are referring to....

posted a couple of pictures ,

Model # NS 22 ABCE     could be N8.....

Serial # KS31087615

Troy, I'd carry that puppy outside and put the air hose to that condenser.

So are you trying to say that I've been lax and lazy in cleaning my fridge??? 

8-)...... i'll get to it tomorrow, clean 'er up , maybe the food with stay cold then !

Thanx for your timely responses

Troy

Looks like that is either an Admiral or Montgomery Wards refrig.

That black thing is what we in the appliance field call a "Jelly Roll" condensor. If you try to take it apart your refrig will not work anymore, (allthough as dirty as it is it's quite surprising that it is still working. It looks really plugged up, like it's never been cleaned before).

As bad as it is, it would be best to do as exsearsguy suggested. If you don't have a compressor or just don't want to take it outside then you will need to remove the black cardboard piece between the fan and the condensor roll and with a good strong vaccuum and a condensor brush work on cleaning all the lint and dirt out.

Here's the condensor brush you will need, $5.40: CLICK HERE