Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
samboiam2000

Shaking Maytag Washer during spin cycles

3 posts in this topic

I have a Maytag model n. LAT8426AAE that shakes during the spin cycle to the extent that it "walks" across the floor. Several repairmen have told us that our problem is the due to uneven legs and / or an unbalanced floor. However, the floor is perfectly balanced and we have adjusted the legs on numerous occasions, making sure that the machine is perfectly balanced. This causes me seriously question whether those are the actual problems.

Is there a bolt or a balencing mechanism within the washer that has come undone that might be a factor? Can you tell me how I can fix it at home?

I would appreciate any help you can give me to aleviate this problem. Thanks! :)

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Have them examine the base of the washer, that holds the tub, for cracks in the legs, this is a known issue with Maytag washers.

If I was on this call  first I would make sure the lock nuts were tight on the legs, second I would check the damper pads on the base , but if you have had several repair technician's tell you the floor is the problem because it's not level and it's been scooting around on the floor check those rubber feet on the bottom of the legs, they should have nubs on the bottom and not smooth. make sure the washer is level and the legs are not all the way out like stiltes, except for the legs that have to be down to level the machine and make sure you tighten those lock nut's/, but my suspicions still suspect those damper pads. Also check those base support brackets that hold the tub and make sure they are tight.  O. K. Pegi your turn ,:Dsome pictures would probably help