Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
seetobylive

Frigidaire Dishwasher won't drain

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, new tro this forum but I am hoping you can help point me in the right direction...I have a Frigidaire Gallery series Ultra quiet III Model number: FDB636GFS5It won't drain, seems that some water trickles out but that is about it. We did get it used and it had been sitting for a about a year before we got it. I am pretty handy fixing things but I have never looked at a dishwasher before never mind fixed one.It sounds as though something is running during the drying cycle but no water is expelled.Please help as I don't think we have the money to call a repair man.thanks everyone                             -T-                                                                                                                                                                                  I should mention that I do not hear that "clunk" when it switches to discharge... Perhaps the celunoid (sic)

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I had the same problem with my Frigidaire dishwasher. I found the the drain hose has to loop up about half way up the side of the dishwasher or it won't drain. I don't know why..... but once I routed the hose where the manufacturer suggests, voila, it started to work properly

Mike.

Hmmm.. th ehose does travel half way up the dish washer (vertical height)  but it does so after about 6 feet of hose. It risest o meet the drain and I put a hump in to keep the back pressure in check. It would seem weird that putting the loop right beside the dishwasher would have much of an effect.thanks for the help though!!

I just fixed my dishonorable frigidaire dishwasher.  I isolated the problem like this... I decided to see if it was just a clog somewhere in the disharge hoses.  First I disconnected the hose at the disposal.  I started the wash cycle and then canceled it.  The dishwasher tried to drain but could not.  (I had a bucket handy.) So I looked for a clog further up the line.  When I disconnected the dishwasher hose from my air gap thingy and ran the washer, water pumped out of the hose.  Ah ha!  I knew there was a clog somewhere between the air gap and the disposal.  It turned out to be cowardly crap in the air gap/ backflow preventer.  I cleaned it out and reconnected all of the hoses.  My dishwasher has returned to honorable service.samurai.gif

Update: So it actually is draining a little!! But not much flow and not for long. there doesn't to be a block in the hose so i am wondering if the pump is toast... any ideas on how to find out for sure? Perhaps I should just get a repairman in...