Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
tusk

Kenmore Dishwasher - access to impellor

8 posts in this topic

Model 665.15969000. Motor/pump is seized - it hums instead of spraying water. Fills and drains OK

Took everything apart but I can't get the inlet cover off to peer at the impellor. I removed the screw but the cover won't budge. Is there a trick?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Oops model number is 665.15939000. The cover came off and the chopper is wrecked but the pump still doesn't work. I guess that the next step is to remove the pump.

So the sump is part of the pump and motor assembly?

Did you click the link in my last reply?

Yes I did but looking at the parts manual, I expected to see the pump and impellor only. The product photo in the link includes the sump. Does that mean that the impellor is somehow captive in the sump and therefore sump, impellor and motor have to be replaced as a unit?

For the additional three and half shekels, it's well worth the convenience. You may attempt to do it piece-meal and, when you get sick of wasting your time on it, go ahead and replace the whole damn assembly. You'll thank me later.

See? Already you've benefited from my vast and awesome experience. Lucky you.