Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
webfamily

Frigidaire Model FRS26ZRG Bypass Puresource Filter?

8 posts in this topic

Hi---I am going to install a separate water pump Flot jet to supply bottled drinking water to my ice maker and water dispenser on this model.  Flow jet says the water filters need to be bypassed or the water pump will cycle too much due to the pressure drop.  Is there an easy way to bypass the puresource cartridge water filter in the refrigerator?  I see many make special plugs to bypass the filters etc., but is such an item made for the FRS26ZRG model or?  Many thanks for any help.

:D

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Should be in your users manual, need the rest of the model number to pull it up here.

Hi--the full model number is FRS26GRDW0 if that helps more...thanks.

If I could type I would get this right.  The correct model number is:

FRS26ZRGW0

It may be just remove the Filter from the Filter Cup, then try the Ice Maker & Water Dispenser.

Not seeing anything, most likely down to just coupling the water lines that go into and out of the filter housing together somehow....:?

On that style you just unscrew the filter retainer cup, remove the fiter, and reinstall the retainer cup.

I know this because I thought there was a water shutoff pin that the filter contacts, (like the 8 track cartridge type filters), when I was changing a filter for a friend I pushed the water in door lever and water just poured out into refrig.  Luckly I noticed it right away and only had a little water on top shelf, not a flood.

Many thanks for all the help.  I like the simple solutions the best...Much appreciated!

:)