Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Appliantologist Merit Exam

15 posts in this topic

So, Grasshoppah, you think you’re smarter than the average grasshoppah? You think you got what it takes to be an Merit Apprentice Appliantologist? Or maybe even a Buckaroo Banzai Appliantologist? Well then, come strut yo’ stuff in the Appliantologist Merit Exam and we shall indeed see if’n you got what it takes to become one of the most fearsome and elite appliance repair shock troops the world has ever seen! :samurai:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Oh Grand Master,

I am a tech from a far land, of a strange discipline

I know the tools well, the techniques well, but am unfamiliar with the specific demons that abound in these, as you say, appliances.

I have lurked in the shadows of knowledge surrounding this forum for years. All the while slaying the failures of appliances around me, through a combination of guile and bull headed determinedness.

I have now encountered a beast that has given me pause.

I am told that parts are NLA, get rid of the unit.

I cannot face my clan by doing so. I must not let this fiend win.

I must enter your dojo, and humbly ask for training.

I come to you and thank you for acceptance into your domain, and promise to humbly offer experiences and trainings that while foreign to you and yours, may enrichen your knowledge of the disciplines in which I am trained.

Rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me Too!! I also am now a venerated Merit Appliantologist, TV Broadcast Technician, and amateur Automobile Wrench-head.

Where Oh Mighty Master, might I find the exam to become Merit Sublime Master Beer Connoisseur? Beam me up s'il vous plait.

:ufo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Took the test....but how do I find out the score ? It asks for 4 digit number verification, but thats as far as it went.          Thx!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have taken the test and did not recieve a score

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant believe I got one wrong, shoulda spent a little more time reading eh.

sorry guys no spoilers from me heh heh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way I am a journeyman Appliance tech in the real world.

Have been since 91 and been in the biz since 86.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy Guacamole! How'd I miss all these replies in this topic? I gots me some ketchin' up to do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was surprised (and honoured) to discover that I had received full marks on the test. I know I still have much more to learn in the ways of appliantology.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[user=16154]helowrench[/user] wrote:

Oh Grand Master,

I am a tech from a far land, of a strange discipline

I know the tools well, the techniques well, but am unfamiliar with the specific demons that abound in these, as you say, appliances.

I have lurked in the shadows of knowledge surrounding this forum for years. All the while slaying the failures of appliances around me, through a combination of guile and bull headed determinedness.

I have now encountered a beast that has given me pause.

I am told that parts are NLA, get rid of the unit.

I cannot face my clan by doing so. I must not let this fiend win.

I must enter your dojo, and humbly ask for training.

I come to you and thank you for acceptance into your domain, and promise to humbly offer experiences and trainings that while foreign to you and yours, may enrichen your knowledge of the disciplines in which I am trained.

Rob

Welcome to the dojo, Rob!

Please share with us your foreign art.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[user=9025]Northern-Tech[/user] wrote:

  Took the test....but how do I find out the score ? It asks for 4 digit number verification, but thats as far as it went.          Thx!!

I got your exam, NT. You should have gotten your results. Lemme know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[user=16035]BoZo_zach[/user] wrote:

I have taken the test and did not recieve a score

You're already an Apprentice. The exam is an alternate way to become an Apprentice. I get a bunch of 'em back every day and I grade them by hand. Takes a lot of time. I try to get results back to everyone but sometimes you just gotta triage it. Only so much time in the day and I'm just one guy. One very talented and good looking guy, to be sure, but just one guy nonetheless. :afro:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[user=51236]Bob Scott[/user] wrote:

Where Oh Mighty Master, might I find the exam to become Merit Sublime Master Beer Connoisseur? Beam me up s'il vous plait.

:ufo:

Great idea! That's going in The Stack™.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[user=55102]StonedWallaby[/user] wrote:

I was surprised (and honoured) to discover that I had received full marks on the test. I know I still have much more to learn in the ways of appliantology.

As do we all, my son. Your Apprenticeship should be seen as the beginning of an infinite journey. And since the journey is infinite, we are always at the beginning. Zen mind, beginner's mind. Can I hear an "Amen?" :touched:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So - I can verify that 9 years of working on copiers and printing presses can qualify one as a Merit Appliantologist. There was one question, though, that I had to get lucky on - copiers don't have certain components found on common household equipment. But they all use the same electricity!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now