LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.

Flotec FPCP-2OULST condenstate Pump died

rozello

Flotec  FPCP-2OULST condensate Pump died.  Not even 3 years old.  It was installed on a new furnace.  I don't want to repair.  It drains a humidifier and an 80% efficiency furnace

What make/model do you recommend that might last much longer?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Condensate pumps are basically a dime a dozen.  One is as good as another as long as the basins are periodically cleaned out.  80% furnaces do not use condensate pumps - 90+ condensing furnaces will however use them and those pumps need cleaning through out the year. 

Just be mindful of the lift required or "feet of head" that is necessary to overcome to drain the unit.  A pump without adequate lift will cause the unit to run excessively and will burn out the pump motor.

Check the float ,it may be stuck in closed position.Yes 80% furnace also use condensate pump for ac coils.

victor

Thanks for the reply.

I float was not stuck. I replaced it with a little giant and things are looking good.

Iam glad the problem is over.

I hv tube cut where it exits coils at about 6inchs away and put T over there with a cap so that i can put bleach over there periodically.

A good old Little giant or a Hartell pump are both a good choice. About 60 bucks. I like the ones with the safety swicth on it. Ties into the low voltage side of the thermostat and kills the AC if the motor should fail. The way it works is the float rises and opens the circuit before the house gets flooded with water.

I got the one with the safety switch. I plan on cleaning it out regularly with the filter cleaning.

Hopefully it will last longer than the old one.

Thanks for all your help.

[user=4554]applianceman18007260692[/user] wrote:

A good old Little giant or a Hartell pump are both a good choice. About 60 bucks. I like the ones with the safety swicth on it. Ties into the low voltage side of the thermostat and kills the AC if the motor should fail. The way it works is the float rises and opens the circuit before the house gets flooded with water.

Right on the money JW :)

Archived