Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Kelley2799

STINKY Dishes!!!

6 posts in this topic

my dishes...glass only,not the plastic, smell like dirty feet!!!! When you open my cupboards the smell knocks you over.Cant drink out of glasses cause it stinks.You can literally just smell it on any glass item.I have changed soaps and cleaned it using Tang.Any ideas????The dishwasher seems to run normal and when I wash dishes by hand they dont smell.....HELP PLZ!!!!!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Will need a model number, but the pump assy of your unit will be full of thick yucky slimy stuff, will need to take the d/w apart and clean all of this stuff out of there.

Try running it empty with cascade detergent (fill the dispenser) and a cup of bleach. Run it on pots and pans cycle, and use the heat options if you have them.

Do this a few times, and leave the door open after the cycle is done.

This might do the job with tearing it apart.

I was afraid no one was going to have any ideas....Nice to hear from you!

The model number isMDB5000AWW....Maytag purchased in fall of 1998...Is this a really hard job?

I haven't had a maytag apart for a while. I would try the cleaning method a few times, before you take anything apart.

When you do dishes, I would use cascade detergent, and completely fill the cups. Also, use the jet dry.

Nick

Thanks so much. I will try the cleaning method first.....and hope it works.Appreciate all your time and help....