Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
New_Climber

Ice Maker leaking

3 posts in this topic

I have a whirlpool side by side with an in-freezer ice maker. During our move we broke the water fill tube on the back of the freezer. I purchased a new one but after I installed it, now when the ice maker calls for water it just spills all over the inside of the freezer confused.gif I am thinking I don't have the fill tube and refill cup aligned correctly. I have not taken the ice maker out completely but just feeling back there (being I really can't see what is going on) they seem to only fit one way into each other. I don't think it is calling for to much water being nothing is getting into the mold tray. Someone mentioned that there is a "clip" or something that holds the fill tube on and stops it from leaking.  Any suggestion on what I could be doing wrong??

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=2751]New_Climber[/user] wrote:

... but after I installed it, now when the ice maker calls for water it just spills all over the inside of the freezer I am thinking I don't have the fill tube and refill cup aligned correctly.

Ya think? ;)

I have not taken the ice maker out completely ...

That's your next move, Hoss. Yank that puppy outta there so's you can feast your Vulcan squinties on the shituation. All will become abundantly clear.

And the Vulcan squinty test revealed...?