Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Down Time Tonite, Friday, 8/28/09

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• Team Samurai

My awesome webhost, Data1Systems, is installing a new server for the forum tonight starting at 9pm ET. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly and there will only be a couple hours of downtime. You may try to go to applianceguru.com and get an error message of "site not found" or something to that effect. Ain't no thang, the domain just needs to propagate to the new server. By tomorrow, things should be zipping along better than ever.

Domo!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• RegUS_PatOff

• Pegi

OH NO ..

What to do for a few hours on a Friday night ? ?

:playball:

post-3641-129045112173_thumb.gif

post-3641-129045113331_thumb.gif

• Team Samurai

Here are some suggestions for the Top 10 Things To Do On Friday Night.

I know what I'll be doing: moving into a new file sharing service! Woot-woot! Check out SugarSync, looks like exactly the service I've been looking for since Xdrive shat the bed. I've been using MediaFire and it's good for a straight file sharing service but it doesn't sync automatically with files on my pooter-- I gotta load each one up manually. Can you say, "TEDIOUS!" SugarSync syncs with selected folders on my pooter all i the background, while I'm working on other stuff. AND, double extra special bonus, I can access and share files via my iPhone! Koo-koo-koolio! :bananadance:

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

7) ... a bubble bath is a wonderful way to spend Friday night.

Put on some music, pour a glass of wine, submerge into the silky bubbles... 

BUTTTT .......We're not done, yet ...

post-3641-129045112178_thumb.gif

post-3641-129045113334_thumb.gif

• Team Samurai

Well, I thought it was too smooth to be true. Turns out that my host did, in fact, do the migration but we're still on the old server because he didn't realize that I have to change the DNS to make the domain name point to the new server. It's convoluted, but the bottom line is that we're still on the old server and, unless he re-transfers everything to the new server again, all the new posts and users since last night will be lost. OY!

I'm working it out with him now and hopefully we'll re-do the migration today sometime and not lose any information here. It also means that at some point today, the forum will be down again for a couple hours. I'll keep you posted here.

Mucho domos for your patient forbearance!

• Team Samurai

Apologies to all, still a few kinks. Guess this migration isn't going any better than the previous ones. Had an outage most of the day and then, when restored, we're still here on the old server. So, a bit more down time coming, maybe this evening. I'll try to post details of the next outage here. Thanks again for hanging with me through this! :dude:

• Team Samurai

And we made it! Welcome to the new server. Kudos to my webhost! Despite my screwing up the first transfer, he was still able to complete the migration this weekend and kept me informed via email the entire time. I don't know of any other webhost that offers that kind of personal service.

Hopefully, we're done with migrations for a while.

Ok, let's kick some appliance butt!

And we made it! Welcome to the new server...

'bout time... we're all clean now

3 days in th tub

post-3641-129045112181_thumb.gif

post-3641-129045113337_thumb.gif

... a new file sharing service! Woot-woot! Check out SugarSync, looks like exactly the service I've been looking for since Xdrive shat the bed. I've been using MediaFire...

in for (1) free account