Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE PTAC model AZ38H15DADM1 serial FH320668

llky

Have a GE PTAC that needs to have the drive board replaced because it has bad relay on it and nothing on this board is repairable so GE sells you a new board .The board number is WP26X10028 it is the one that controls all of the functions of this unit.What I need is some tips and instructions on how to go about changing this board,some  do's and don'ts and if at all possible an instruction sheet.I don't thing one will be sent with the board so I need some help.You guys have always been great about helping my out,and thanks to all of you for such a wonderful helpful forum.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most boards are plug and play.  With power off/unplugged visually inspect the new and old board terminals.  They should be labeled exactly the same on the board although they may be in a slightly different location in a worse case scenario.  Simply remove one and plug into the new one.  The reason no one probably answered is because that's an eyes on repair - hard to give help for an unseen item that's specific to a particular brand.  Most of us HVAC guys are working between 1710 and 1725 hrs.

dkpd1581,thank you so much for your reply,I hope that I didnot offend you or anyone else because that was not my attention,it is just so hard to get info on any GE  units.I was woundering about static interferance with board replacements.Once again thanks so much

The best way to get rid of the static is to keep your forearm or some part of your skin in contact with the metal case before and during handling the board.  You pre-ground yourself and keep grounded during the install.  Static can be a concern but not so much as you might suspect. In the summer the humidity usually keeps that down...in the winter may be a complete different story.  Best of luck....let us know.

[user=16896]dkpd1581[/user] wrote:

...in the winter may be a complete different story... 

... unless you're standing bare-foot on a wool run and wearing silk underwear and leather pants...

... but that's another story... :groucho:

Got the board in and replaced it with your advice and help,took about 2 hours,the worst part was the jumble of wires in here.Anyway up and running and working great.Thank you guys so much.I have several of these units and it is so cost effective to fix what I can.I am so glad you guys take the time to help us HATS OFF TO YOU.

Archived