Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE Profile PDS22MCPBWW service manual request

vivalamigra

Senores y Senoras:

I MAY have fixed my warm beer, plenty of ice problem (replaced control board and evap thermistor) thanks to the info gleaned from this fine forum.  If not, the evaporator should freeze up any day now....it's been about two weeks since I made the repair.  So far, so good. 

should pull the cover and check the evaporator for ice-up this weekend, but I probably won't, because I am a lazy, S.D. Chargers-watching couch potato, and I would prefer to just drink my cold beer in peace.

If it freezes up again, or when something else inevitably fails, I'll be in need of a service manual and any other top-secret info (e.g. service bulletins) on this model.

BTW, Serial # TFO64291 appears to fall about five minutes out of the motherboard recall....hmmm.  Looked like a couple of blown caps and a bit of heat under the two large resistors (R95,R96) on the original board.

I also installed a Leviton duplex surge suppressor in the wall for a bit of added insurance.

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vivalamigra

• RegUS_PatOff

Top Posters In This Topic

PDS22MCPBWW

maybe ...

PDS22MCRBWW

Other users whose serial numbers were out of range have had good luck calling GE's 800 number ..

The Board may be in warranty, and they may send the Board to you, but you may have to have it "installed" ;)  by an authorized GE servicer ...

GE_Refrig_Board.pdf  attachment.php?id=2760

service manual link PM'd

Received.  Thanks!

I swear it is MCP.  Here's photographic evidence.  According to the manual you just sent me the "P" stands for model year 2003.  Interesting, I guess my fridge is actually two years outside of that recall.  I can't believe I've had it that long.

I think the really rare part of the model number is the BWW at the end.  That never seems to come up in a parts search, only AWW.

I figure it got lost in the Maquiladora shuffle, or maybe the ones that were stuffed full of pot before they were shipped across the border have a unique model number, thus the "P". haha.

fridgetag.jpg