Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ptkid2

Maytag model MSD2356AEW Refridgerator

6 posts in this topic

I can't figure out the right way to remove the cover over the controls in the top of the refridgerator without breaking them.  I need to get to that pesky adaptive defrost control board.  Any help is appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Perhaps this will help....

Leadimage.asp?productTypeID=0165000&brandID=3048&modelDesc=SIDE%20BY%20SIDE%20REFRIGERATOR&modelNumber=MSD2356AEW&documentID=X2906162&documentTypeID=PLDM&documentClassCode=PV&titleType=CONTROLS&titleID=00002&

Well, I just finished installing the defrost board, and this was a big help. For those that follow, on my model part 21 slides forward and slips right off. You may have to work the back tabs out of their slots. Then you remove two screws, one at each end of part 23, and remove that. Then you remove three screws holding part 1, two located in the slots at the front screwed into the top of the cabinet, and one centered on the back that screws into the back wall. The board is part 13 and rests in the low indentation in the back right corner of part 1. A one mug max project. I also manually defrosted the evaporator so everything started back clean from the start. Thanks again, this was just what I needed.

You are quite welcome....;)

RE: Maytag MSD2356AEW

Hello Samurai-San !

I had a problem with frost build up on the evaporating coil before. The Maytag technician  fixed the problem by replacing the adaptive defrost control board with a new one. And now, 3 years later,  I have the same problem.

Can someone show me how to check if the real cause is a defective adaptive defrost board, and not the defrost thermostat or the defrost heater?

How can I check these 3 components to determine which one is the cause of the problem? And how can I ply open the front cover case to get to the board without breaking it?

Arigato, and I appreciate your help :D

please start a New Topic.

This is an old unsecured thread that should be closed...