Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ReliableApp

Appliance Maintence Program for Customers

7 posts in this topic

I have this customer.  They would like me to put together a maintaince program for mid to high range appliances.  Duets, Monogram Refrigerator, GE Dual fuel range, GE dishwasher.  There's 15 units in all with these appliances in them.  Any insight on a maintence program would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!!!!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I'm no expert, but maybe just a % discount on each call ... (and parts)

20% ??    more ??

depends on location ... and priority ..

OR are you talking preventive maintenance ?

I am talking preventative maintence.  Like a program he wants me to lay something out.  I'm a little un seasoned and have no idea how to propose something like this.  Any suggetions are greatly appreciated.  Channing

Dryer-check op. temp, lint build up (clean if necessary)

washer- check for proper operation, fill hoses for corrosion, leaks

refrig-check op. temp in both sides, i/m water line for leaks, corrosion

etc.

a lot of this isn't necessary but if he wants to pay you for it, go for it.

but if he wants a flat yearly amount for all preventive maintenance ...

yeah i know, just giving the op a place to start. i would list what you would check for each appliance, as well as a discounted price for any repairs that are found. add up how much time you would have to check all appliances in 1 unit, then multiply by 15

Thanks for your suggestions and insight.  It is greatly appreciated.  I put together a brochure in publisher that I will send to you for further suggestions if you have the time. Its was kind a quick put together since I needed to get them something.  Thanks, Channing...