LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Wanted: Service Manual for Whirlpool ED5FHEXNS00 side by side fridge

whirlpoolatl

whirlpoolatl

I have a whirlpool side by side that has floaties in the water, thinking I need to replace the tube reservoir currently installed.  Does anyone have the service manual?

model: ED5FHEXNS00

Thanks.

Wes

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whirlpoolatl

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• RegUS_PatOff

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't find a manual for that model right now, but floaties in the water or in the ice ?

and are they white ?

• Team Samurai

Does that icemaker mold look, well, moldy....

DSC02649a2icemakerbadTeflon.jpg

whirlpoolatl

Thanks for the reply.  The floaties were coming in through the water line... lots of them.  Ice looked much better, few or none seen. The ice maker looks clean, no visible mold.

Just to investigate and see how the reservoir ran, I pulled the fridge out and took a look underneath.  On a whim I disconnected the water from the spigot, and  opened the tap into a glass.  It was gross.  The water was cloudy and there were lots of flakes of material in it.  I purged about 30 gallons and it has seemed to clear up.  After reconnecting the fridge, I purged another 4 gallons from the water dispenser and things are back to normal.

Quick question:

• What could have caused this?  Perhaps the valve in my spigot is going bad?  Apt and fridge are 5 years old, and the spigot drips slightly when fully closed.
  • How could the material make it past the filter and into the water dispenser?
  • Do I need to replace any parts of the fridge after this happens?

In case I do need to replace the reservoir or something else does, I would like to see if you guys have the service manual available.

Thanks

Wes

whirlpoolatl

Hey guys, just an update. I filled up a glass of water today and noticed the flakes are back.

Still no idea what is causing this. Have you guys seen this before?

RegUS, sorry didn't see your post about not finding the manual.