Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Amana, SxS Fridge, Model ACD2234HRS

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RegUS_PatOff

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for asking.  Where would I find the "0" or "1" ? 

The I.D. sticker inside the fridge shows only the model # ACD2234HRS

and S/N 1196463GR.

Do the suffixes indicate any obvious features that I could identify?

Thank you for the quick response!

The manual is great but, as you say, refers to tech sheets in some areas.  I'd like to see what other info they provide.  For one, I'd hoped to see a wiring schematic just for curiosity.  Are there multiple sheets for each model you mentioned?

I'm really at a loss to find the BOM you asked for.  Both the label inside the unit and the one on the back show no suffix 0 or 1.  I suppose it could be embedded in the bar code on the back, but no numerals are shown past the end of the model & serial numbers.

Is there anyplace else where it might be labeled, or stamped on the frame?  Or any specific design characteristics I could look for to make an educated guess?

You're workin' late Reg!  I really appreciate it!

So, no hints on how to identify?  Should I post that Q in the regular forum?

Meantime, I guess I'll have to do some comparing: The pub. dates are all different, and the other thing I noticed was the water dispenser charts have different rate numbers than the one in the service manual. :? (Looking at that for complaints about slow water.)

Loved your videos too, btw.

[user=3641]RegUS_PatOff[/user] wrote:

S/N 1196463GR = Sept 2005

Appliance Age Finder

Yu-da-man, Reg!   Narrows it down to 1 tech sheet. 

But wait...you did enter all 10 digits didn't you?  Missing a double 9 above.

I tried the Age Finder and found it broke, or unplugged.  Do I need to be logged in to make it work?  Would love it in the future.

[user=58149]Morgan-4[/user] wrote:

[user=3641]RegUS_PatOff[/user] wrote:
S/N 1196463GR = Sept 2005

Appliance Age Finder

Yu-da-man, Reg!   Narrows it down to 1 tech sheet. 

But wait...you did enter all 10 digits didn't you?  Missing a double 9 above.

I tried the Age Finder and found it broke, or unplugged.  Do I need to be logged in to make it work?  Would love it in the future.

works for me ...

I only see 9 digits ..

11996463GR = same date (I think they use the letters at the end)

Humble apologies...my typo when I first sent the S/N...You must be right about the letters.

Found out it doesn't like Firefox.  Instant gratification with IE.

DOMO!!

Over & out.