Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
DigiPlumr

Manual & tech sheet for Kenmore (Whirlpool) 110.96272100

4 posts in this topic

My mother's 14-year old dryer needs a little helping hand.  Getting low heat only in auto.  The tech sheet's missing :X.  Anyone have one I could borrow?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This is the older Whirlpool-built unit with the lint filter on the top panel. This diagram may be close enough:

00000106.png

Are you saying that timed mode will only give high heat? Or no heat in any mode other than auto?

Arigato, Sensei.

Unfortunately, it was not quite the correct tech sheet and was missing the timer information.  However, all is not lost, in fact, all is well.  A friend was able to photograph the tech sheet on his dryer which is identical to mine (except his does not say Kenmore on it).  I have attached it for the viewing pleasure of future grasshoppers.

Oh, and the problem?  Lint covering the operating thermostat.  It was keeping it hotter longer than the actual air temp, apparently.  After a thorough service clean inside and out, as well as a new belt (because I'm not going to take it apart again anytime soon), all is right with the world--and clothes dry in a reasonable amount of time.  :D  The vent?  Perfectly clean, swept out by father weeks ago as part of his twice-annual house maintenance.

post-59206-129045115174_thumb.jpg

Nice work! :thumbsup:

And domo for the update!