Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
kickin00

Broiler doesn't work

10 posts in this topic

Kenmore model #362.7351190

The broiler won't light. Cooktop and oven operate fine. I have removed the igniter, it reads 80 ohms resistance. The new part from Sears reads 65 ohms resistance. I do not read any voltage going to broiler igniter when broiler is turned on. I hear a relay click, but no igniter and no gas. The relay click is in the top portion of the stove. It's not a click from the gas valve.

One appliance repair center thought maybe that there might be a relation to having used the self cleaning function on the oven roughly three weeks ago. We can't recall if we have used the broiler since then.

Any advice you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Post your model number!

Test the continuity of the safety valve where the wires connect to it. Remove at least one wire from the valve before measuring continuity. If it reads open, it's bad.

gas_range_components.jpg?dc=4675399381206464118

I did post my model number, but it didn't show up. My stove model number is Kenmore 362.7351190. I will let you know when I check the safety valve. Thanks.

I figured out the problem, it was a bad connection on the circuit panel.  Thanks for your help!

Nice shootin', Hoss!  :armed:

The oven controls started making a churning sound.  It turns off and flashes f - 1

Verison.net you want to post a brand and model and serial number???

F-1 usually means:

F1 Electronic range control failure.

1.  Replace electronic range control (ERC).

But cannot be sure since we do not know what  brand this and what style without the model number.

This stove is a Kenmore model #362-7351190, Serial #17204902P

Looks like the same range is in two differents threads...:?