Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
jrl

Whirlpool Duet GGW9250PW3

7 posts in this topic

My Whirlpool Duet Gas dryer which is about 4 years old keeps shutting off prior to ending the cycle. my wife says the more she uses it the more chronic the problem becomes. I have verified and blown out the venting so it has good air flow. I read through some other posts and replaced the thermistor since that seemed to be the most common problem, but still no luck. Also sometimes it will run the whole cycle and the clothes are still not dry. PLEASE HELP.:shock:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Can someone please advise on what you think the issue might be?  Thank you!

The Motor stops OR the Display powers OFF ?

Is the Motor hot when it shuts OFF ?

Is this ONLY on the Auto Dry setting ?

Try it on the Timed Dry setting ..

check the Vent air temperature at the back of the Dryer

With an empty load, Timed Dry, High Heat, the vent temperature should cycle somewhere between 135F and 160F

If you have a Harbor Freight Store near you,

Sometimes on sale (bring print-out to store)

click on picture

46586-t.gif

The Motor stops OR the Display powers OFF ? The display powers off.

Is the Motor hot when it shuts OFF ? Yes

Is this ONLY on the Auto Dry setting ? No timed also

Try it on the Timed Dry setting ..

check the Vent air temperature at the back of the Dryer

With an empty load, Timed Dry, High Heat, the vent temperature should cycle somewhere between 135F and 160F

Checked and it was 150 degrees. The vent is not blocked.

Here're some things to check:

- Run the dryer with the vent completely disconnected from the the back and see if it completes a cycle. Do this test first before anything else.

- If the dryer still shuts off, remove the toe panel, open the blower housing and check the fan blower wheel for build up of lint. Same with the filter housing.

- If problem persists, you'll need to see if the motor is still being supplied with voltage when it quits running. If it is, you have a bad motor.