Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

PLRU1777DSO Frigidaire

Volkemon

Greetings all!

The General Manager where I work just called with a problem- his personal frige is warm!

I am unfamiliar with this particular unit, so any service manuals or tech sheets would be welcome. I am going to go by there tonight after work, and would like any extra knowledge that is out there.

Domo Arigato!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Volkemon

• RegUS_PatOff

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah... back home, GM's frige has gone from 66* to 43 in 1 1/2 hrs...and it is jam packed with stuff, most spoiling/spoiled.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

@ RegUS_PatOff- Thanks again. I was rushed, late, out of the office and had only time to type the quick thanks. The parts list was valuable for giving me a rough idea of what I was looking at, and the GM was impressed. The wiring diagram told me that it was a simple system, and no need to sweat the control board, temp sensors, etc... there are none. Nice ol' manual defrost timer- easy to test, handy to shut down the compressor and test the defrost heater.

Turned out to be low on freon. I had everything with me, put a few ounces in until it stabilized at 12psi on the low side. This is my 'by guess and by gosh' for friges, and seems to work well. Any input is welcome on that! Saw a few soldered joints that had corrosion on them, may come back and clean well and epoxy. We will see how long the charge holds...... 

Thanks again. $5 going to the samurai beer fund, do you have a preferred reward for helping a Warrior Appliantologist? PM me if so.

THANKS AGAIN!!:bananadance:

"PLRU1777DSO / PLRU1777DS0 "  The model # was givin to me from the GM, as he got it read from his wife over the phone. I had no way to verify until I was there. Crisis mode...