Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Service manual sub zero 590

Bud Guy

I need a service manual for a sub zero 590

I need to change the cold control. I can get the housing loose and rotated slightly.But i cant see how to remove the control itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you very much for your quick response and the info.

You have made my immediate future so much easier.

Once again I bow to the knowledge and power available to the unknowing, due to the supporters of this site.

Thank You very much 

• 3 weeks later...

could you also provide me with the service and parts manual for the sub zero 590? Thank you

Thank you... I guess you don't sleep... I had not finished typing my request... and there it was...

[user=35250]John_Mac[/user] wrote:

... even Subzero doesn't have it online...

some manufactures don't have repair manuals because of "liability concerns"

It would seem there's more of a chance injuring yourself (and others) with a faulty repair of your Fridge, then

... mmm  let's say, repairing your own car's brakes ... ?

service manual link PM'd

• 4 years later...
scootertrs

Just giving something back

Not hijacking the post, but having solved a serious icemaker problem on my 590 SubZero I felt I should share...

I had replaced the ice maker with a compatible whirlpool unit, available on site, and unit worked OK for a couple of weeks, but still kept having highj freezer temps and puddles on the floor... neither are cool with the better half.  After living with this nonsence for over 2 years, I installed a a cheapo mechanical thermometer in the freezer section and noticed that my freezer never got below 30 degrees... F.  did some checking, freon level good, compressor humming just fine, ... what is left... thermo couple and defrost timer.  Bit the bullet and replaced both (thermocouple was a B$%$%$$tch) but I have a Rigid camera that lets me see around corners and it worked like a champ.  Defrost timer is a no brainer.  Thermostat remained the same.

All I can tell you is that my freezer coils never ice up and my icemaker works like new.  If you need part nos I will gladly share, but if yo9u are working on the 590, you know that they are in the electrical diagram sheet included.   BTW this was done after the tech had determined that the compressor that handles the freezer neeeds replacing...  Repairs done about 1.5 months ago... so I believe we are good.

Sense... gotta love your site... Thank you for your help. I am most grateful.

Edited by scootertrs
  • Like 1