Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

new whirpool washer line

mark mac

By the end of yhe year whirlpool will be making no more d/d have a new entry level and  midrange washer,no more drive trains or bases . its a cross between a cabrio and a newer ge.It has a splunk gear, motor and a belt. not biult to last will not be lasting no 10 or 15 , all plastic  components, easy to work on

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Team Samurai

Good intel, MM. Do you know if Service Matters has posted service manual for it yet?

[user=32835]mark mac[/user] wrote:

It has a splunk gear, 

like a "Splutch" - sounds similar to the "World Washer" the mexican portable/breadmaker

VMW series

" ... the new Whirlpool brand Vantage laundry pair that we will introduce to the North American market later this year.

The product features LCD touch-screen controls and the industry’s first USB port,

which allows consumers to update and customize washing cycles and other controls. "

http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com/2009annual/chairmans-letter.html

at ServiceMatters Job Aids:

04/21/2010 Laundry Products W10329932 L-84 16 MB

Whirlpool Vantage: $4000 / pair

(after 50 seconds of Cabrio intro)

Woo wee, hope they didn't get the design from GE....probably won't see many of those in my area....that's a lot of bread.

$ 4000 / pair .. although that's list price ..

some current models (various U.S. brands) are $3000+ / pair

Yeah, great units to promote during a recession ??? But I guess the people that would buy these aren't really worried about the money.

It,s a splutch design gear ,it's a cross between a world washer, little mexican portable and a cabrio, u wanna talk abour job security this waher will give it

• Team Samurai

Domo for the references, Reg!

Unit is a breeze to work on.  Remember, 25 years ago or so I had to drive back 2 hours from Albany NY to my home town laughing all the way about the new Whirlpool Direct Drive washer we had just trained on.  Swearing they would drop it and go back to the belt drive within a year or so..... or 26 as it turns out! 

Lord help us!

More bells and whistles...

Wonder how much the CCU and UI's are gonna run on THESE bad boys...

• 2 months later...

The VMW Vertical Modular Washer represents several familiar features from prior designs.

The transmission is a non-serviceable belt driven component.

- Inner shaft top splines connect to the agitator.

- Bottom splines connect to the splutch pulley.

- Outer shafts top splines connect to the basket.

- Bottom splines connect to the inner splines of the splutch cam.

16 MB  L-84  :spaz:

yep, as TTH states it really is a breeze to work on.

GE is making Whirlpool look bad with the fact that they advertise on their washers "All our washers still come with fill hoses. Not all washers do."

I don't like the fact that this new washer Whirlpool just came out with has to be laid down on it's front to service the belt and the gearcase. Might as well just go back to the traditional Whirlpool belt drive washer.

I'd like to see what Frigidaire's plans on their top loader will be.

I bet Whirlpool will be completely done making appliances for Sears very soon when their contract runs out.

well frigidaires last plan to meet energy guidelines was a joke

they just took  the same ole washer and changed the pressure switch to only fill the tub 3/4 of the way

customers are now force filling the tub with the reset on the water level control, big trouble with that is..... when the machine fills for rinse it has a full tub of clothes, and only 3/4 tub water

[user=19296]Scottthewolf[/user] wrote:

I bet Whirlpool will be completely done making appliances for Sears very soon when their contract runs out.

Stores have none up here - Kenmores are all Friggy's, Samsung and LG's now

what did you break now

You"ll just get "soaked" on your repair bills.....great job security with this one , says my crystal ball...[user=3641]...........................................................................................................[/user]

RegUS_PatOff wrote:

VMW series

" ... the new Whirlpool brand Vantage laundry pair that we will introduce to the North American market later this year.

The product features LCD touch-screen controls and the industry’s first USB port,

which allows consumers to update and customize washing cycles and other controls. "

http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com/2009annual/chairmans-letter.html

at ServiceMatters Job Aids:

04/21/2010 Laundry Products W10329932  L-84  16 MB

Whirlpool Vantage:  $4000 / pair

(after 50 seconds of Cabrio intro) 

• 1 month later...

I'm going to a training class for these on sept 15. should be interesting. if these are taking the place of the d/d then they have to have a low price point option too right?

I think they told us about $550

If your doing tear down in the training you might want to bring along a little socket kit with 1/4,5/16,7/16,1/2,10mm,12mm,13mm

Scott the Wolf said:

"I don't like the fact that this new washer Whirlpool just came out with has to be laid down on it's front to service the belt and the gearcase. Might as well just go back to the traditional Whirlpool belt drive washer."

Think you were given some bad info Scott.  Unit can be tilted back slightly and complete trans dropped if necessary.  Belt and other components accessible just by tilting back.  Not as easy as say to replace a belt on an old Maytag dependable care, but about as far as needed to change a thrust bearing on a MAV style.  I personally liked the ease of teardown.   

Archived