Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Brewster

Danby Countertop dishwasher

2 posts in this topic

I just bought a Danby countertop dishwasher (model # DDW396W) but don't want it on the counter. I want it under the sink which requires me to hook it up with normal hoses. So I tried to attach new hoses, but it uses hose threads that dont exist. So I started messing with the water inlet valve solenoid and broke it. So i need to replace it but while I am at it I thought I might as well get one with a normal 3/4 compression end to it instead of the danby end that only danby hoses connect to.

Question: can I use any single solenoid water inlet valve? is it possible to substitute one used in a whirlpool or GE regular sized dishwasher? or should substitute it with another countertop dishwasher like a haier?

The broken inlet valve says

110~120V

4W

50/60Hz

Tu 40 degrees C

Tm 85 degrees C

S0046/W

ULNO.MH11723

The broken inlet valve was made of plastic.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=3300]Brewster[/user] wrote:

Question: can I use any single solenoid water inlet valve?

Only critical parameters to match are wattage and flow rate (which is determined by the size of teh flow restricing orifice inside the valve). Should work fine.