Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Need instruction sheet from snubber pad kit

Budget Appliance Repair

Need a copy of the instructions that come with Maytag "203956 Snubber/Damper pad kit"

Part# on instruction sheet: 213606

187VA-1094

00086900.jpg

Or link to repair manual that has this procedure in it.

Thanks,

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Budget Appliance Repair

• RegUS_PatOff

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• appl.tech.29501

Thanks for trying RegUs, but that is for the FAKE Maytags, different machine.

The damper pad kit that I posted and need the instructions from is for the old original Dependable care 2-belt Maytag.

Anyone got it, Thanks................

That be it, thank you very much, that explains everything I needed to know.

I had never had to replace those before and had seen the small picture of instructions and also thought I had seen it posted in here to just put the 4x4 block under washer and it would lift tub assembly up far enough to change.

Didn't know that springs where to be removed, tried and no go with springs attached.  Weight of machine and me standing on base still didn't budge the tub at all.

Will you may be able to get ya some 4" x 2" steel receptacle boxes to shove into the springs...flex the tub and pop the springs off with out removing the nuts on the bottom. Although you have probably already completed the job, those will make it a lil faster if you ever have to do it again.

[user=27301]appl.tech.29501[/user] wrote:

Will you may be able to get ya some 4" x 2" steel receptacle boxes to shove into the springs...flex the tub and pop the springs off with out removing the nuts on the bottom. Although you have probably already completed the job, those will make it a lil faster if you ever have to do it again.

yes, and here's another explanation ...

Trying to help wrote:

First you have to remove your belts and take the drive pulley off (one screw in the middle of the pulley and a drive lug, do not loose them).  Then remove the front of the unit to access the tubs and springs.  I recommend you have a piece of 4X4 and 3 metal electrical junction boxes you can pick up at your local hardware store.  Once the pulley is off, the only thing holding the tub and trans on top of the base is the springs.  If you push the tub far back in any direction, you will elongate the spring allowing you to insert the electrical box into it.  When you allow the tub to come back to center, the spring will stay elongated allowing you to remove it.  Carefully set the springs aside when they are all removed.  Once that is done, you then tilt the unit back and put the piece of 4X4 under it so as you drop the unit down, the shaft of the trans hits the 4X4 and raises the tub and trans up allowing access to the pads.  IF you want to remove the trans, and tub superstructure to give yourself more room, go for it.  But it is a little heavy and awkward (Porcelain tub, cement balance ring).

[user=27301]appl.tech.29501[/user] wrote:

Thanks Appl.tech.29501, that what I plan on doing.  I have the electrical boxes that I use to do the Norge/FAKE Maytag style washers and I figured that would work better and quicker then trying to mark and remove each eyebolt.