Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Yve

Amana dryer

13 posts in this topic

Hello, im having trouble with my Amana gas dryer Model ALG643RBW.  It shuts itself off after 5 minutes into a drying cycle.  We've cleaned out the vent which was clogged with lint but it is still shutting itself off.  The clothes are hot.  What could be wrong?  Also does anyone know how to open up the bottom of the dryer to look inside? any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Completely disconnect the vent from the back of the dryer and re-run it, see if you note any difference in heating behavior.

Ok i'll get right on it..I'll get back to you asap..  thanks

Ok the bottom is opened but when i tried to start it, it just makes a humm and won't start, any suggestions?

Sounds like you have a bad motor.....

I don't suppose i could fix a bad motor myself, could I?

Is that the part for my particular model and everything?  I surely do appreciate it.

And everything! :dude:

Ok, I'll give it a try.  I'll be sure and give you an update when it's fixed.  

I appreciate all your help :)

Oui, oui!

A little Update:   To make a long story short, the motor has a 5 yr warranty and my dryer is only 3 yrs old.  :bananadance:     So i'm scheduled for service tomorrow morning.  

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for coming to my aid so quickly.  I will keep this site in my favorites because you guys were SUPER!

Thanks again,

Yve