Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
smatos

Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer Problems

3 posts in this topic

I have a Maytag Neptune gas dryer, model number MDG4000AWW. A few weeks ago our clothes began to smell bad after they were dried. The smell is a sort of burnt smell. I removed the front off of the dryer and ran it, the flames are mostly blue but with a considerable amount of yellow. It is running on natural gas. According to the flame quality picture at the appliantology groups http://groups.msn.com/Appliantology/dryers.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=47 the flame for natural gas should be all blue. I am having a burner problem where the gas is not burning properly?

Thanks,

SAM

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

With the front off, you are changing the way the burner gets it's air. The yellow flame is probably just due to the excess air being pulled in from the front. Also, check and clean your vent hose. A long or restricted vent will change your flame characteristics.

Your smell may be the washer. If you have a Neptune washer, they tend to build up mold, mildew, and softener/soap scum. This gets on the clothes, and when you heat them in the dryer they cause a stink.

Nick

[user=3381]smatos[/user] wrote:

I am having a burner problem where the gas is not burning properly?

Did this problem just now appear after running the dryer for a period of time at the same location? Have you moved recently? If no to the foregoing question, then I agree with Nick, ain't no thang with the burner.

Have you changed detergents or fabric softener recently?