Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
elichten

Help replacing Control Panel on GE microwave jvm2070sh

2 posts in this topic

Hi Folks - I have the replacement part WB07X10733 Control Panel sub assembly for my GE microwave, model jvm2070sh001. Looking at the part, it seems easy to install and connect. However, being a total novice at something like this, I can't even figure out how to get the old part OFF! Does anyone have a manual of some sort that shows what screws to unscrew to get the old one off? Any other tips to avoid ruining this $480 part while installing it? Lastly, this will be the 3rd or 4th time in 5 years this part needed to be replaced... the warranty is out, so now this is on my dime... any advice for how to avoid stove steam from getting up into the control panel electronics (which is what I think is killing them)... other than not cooking on the stove below it? Thank you all for your advice!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

There are no diagrams to show how to do this.

Disconnect power

Open the door and look on the left side of the control panel..it you see 2 screws take them out.

Remove top grill (2 or 3 screws) and remove the 1 screw holding in the top of the control.

Pull control back and disconnect the wiring making sure that you know there proper locations.

Intall new control ensuring all the connectors are completely seated and reassemble.

What is the distance between the bottom of the microwave and the top of the range?