Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
dnelms

Whirlpool Washer Making Clicking Noise

30 posts in this topic

Want to thank everyone for the help. Part cost me $11.50 here locally and it works great now. Your time and explanations made it easy (considering I know how to use tolls, but did not have aclue what I was looking at).

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Slightly new, related topic:

Our machine (22722100) has developed a tick during the agitate cycle.  I've taken the cabinet open, and the sound is coming from the motor itself.  There is a centrifigal switch assembly inside the motor that appears to rotate 20-30 degrees on the motor shaft and seems to be the source of the noise.  With the motor removed and running on the ground (no load), the motor runs very briefly, every few seconds.

Is it normal for this switch to rotate like this?

Dave

Additional info to preceding post-

I've noticed that the cycle select switch doesn't seem to make much difference, 'normal', 'gentle', or 'delicate' all seem to agitate the same.  Also, I notice the lights on the same circuit pulse in time to the agitation, like the motor is drawing excessive current, or causing power surge.

Anyone else have info or experience with this?

Dave

This is an old favourite - what's happening is that the motor isn't getting any power to its 'run' winding. As this happens on all speeds, I'd recommend you check the neutral (white) wire connection to the motor.

I know this thread is old now, but this was a big BINGO for me too. Our machine (Kenmore 110.26912691 model number) was spinning, when all of a sudden we smelled burning rubber, and it starting clicking and clacking. No spinning. No agitator movement either.

I pulled the shell, and then the motor, and found the outer plastic part of the coupler split in two.

Literally, 10 minutes from start of job to removal, and hopefully 10 on the way back together. Just need to get the part now.

Thanks for the great pointers and pics. Well worth the $5 subscription fee!