Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Cruzinjeff

Warm Whirlpool Fridge

29 posts in this topic

Last week I had posted about my ET20NK fridge where the freezer is plenty cold but the fresh food area is warm.

since then and with alot of advise from this site, here's what i've done:

-replaced defrost timer

-replaced defrost thermostat

-confirmed that the defrost system works fine now

-checked the vent that adjusts the airflow from the freezer to the fresh food area

-completely melted every bit of frost/ice out of it - I left it unplugged for 2 days in the garage

-now it's been plugged in again for 2 days and the freezer is at 5 degrees, but the fridge will only get down to about 55 degrees.   There is plenty of air blowing into the fresh area, btu the temp just won't get down to where it should.

The initial problem was that the timer wasn't working and the vent was competely plugged with ice. could something else have been damaged and now the cooling capacity of the system is no longer what it needs to be?

I'm lost as to where to look next. Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hummm, with the freezer at 5* does not sound like a sealed system problem, have you checked the return air vent to be sure it is not blocked??? 

retrun air vent........ and where would one find one of those hiding??

Your evaporator fan motor is working isn't it?