Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
zhalbrecht

GE nautilus dishwasher stuck in wash

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just moved into an apartment with a brand new GE Nautilus Built-in dishwasher.

model # GSD4060JSS

Everything seems to be going ok except that the dishwasher gets stuck in the wash cycle and at some point the dial does not move anymore. I have let it run for a long period of time (45min) to be sure and the dial will still not move after it passes the "Short Wash" cycle. This happens for whatever "mode" I select at the begining of the wash and wherever I start the dial (on light wash or regular). Once I turn the dial to "rinse" the washer finishes up properly.

I have contacted the building management and someone came to look at the washer. Now it gets stuck just a little bit further on than it did before.

Is this a simple adjustment to make? Or should I try to get them to replace the dishwasher?

Thanks in advance,

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If this is new have warranty take care of the repairs....

Is there anything I can try myself? The handyman in the building seems unresponsive and since I am only renting the apartment, I do not have warranty information for this particular appliance.

Thanks,

What i meant is the handy man cannot take care of this, the manager has to call in an authorized service company to take care of this problem.  Management will have the paperwork needed as to when it was installed.

Welcome, ;)