Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
rbennis23

maytag washing machine agitator weak and noisy

5 posts in this topic

My washer agitator rumbles and does not work properly. The belt appears o.k. Could someone tell me if my transmission is bad or is the agitator loose on the drive spline. I haven't figured out how to remove it yet. Help!!!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=346]rbennis23[/user] wrote:

Could someone tell me if my transmission is bad

Sounds good from here, no static or nothin'.

Hello, my weak and noisy friend.  May I suggest that you begin your investigation by removing the agitator?  Very well:  I suggest you begin your investigation by removing the agitator.  Then, run the washer as you normally would and listen for the noise.  Do you still hear it?  Eh?  I am sorry, but I cannot hear you, could you please speak up?

Yep, removed it o.k. - It still has the same grinding sound during the wash cycle without any torque on spline shaft. So, is the transmission fixable? Wanting to do this on the cheap. Appreciate any help!!

[user=346]rbennis23[/user] wrote:

So, is the transmission fixable?

It's trash.  Expensive trash, but trash nonetheless. 

00172414.jpg