Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
chuckmoritz@hotmail.com

Microwave blows surge protection circuit

1 post in this topic

This is a convection/microwave from our RV. We had a power surge, and now the MW has no lights on the touchpad display, but the interior light comes on when the door is opened. With considerable internet research, I have determined that the 'foil-type' surge protection had been blown. There are 3 additional slots for jumpers to be placed to restore this feature. I jumpered one of them and it promptly blew when I plugged it in. I have checked the transformer and the only problem is that there is essentially 0 ohms from the high-voltage tap to chassis ground. With the lead to the HV tap disconnected and also the primary leads to the transformer disconnected, I jumpered the next surge protection slot and plugged it in. The surge protector again blew. Since I only have one more slot to jumper, I'm seeking advice before trying anything else. Please let me know if you have questions. Thanks, C

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!