Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Rlmjdime

LG LSC27910TT

7 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, I do have a warranty, but just moved oustide of the service area. The leak is closer to the freezer door from the coupling. What is the best technique at taking the freezer door apart once it is removed from the refrigerator? Is there a particular product that I should purchase for this model? I know the line to the coupling is 5/16 but most of the kits I've seen have been 1/4. Thank you in advance for any info.

Robert

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=71178]Rlmjdime[/user] wrote:

Unfortunately, I do have a warranty, but just moved oustide of the service area. The leak is closer to the freezer door from the coupling. What is the best technique at taking the freezer door apart once it is removed from the refrigerator? Is there a particular product that I should purchase for this model? I know the line to the coupling is 5/16 but most of the kits I've seen have been 1/4. Thank you in advance for any info.

Robert

Is the water leaking from the *hinge* of the freezer door?

If yes---check the "John Guest" fittings at / near the hinge for correct install.

If the doors were removed---to allow delivery into the home---oftentimes the deliverymen either incorrectly re-installed the water line...

OR

Depending on the SERIAL NUMBER of your model---may be missing LG-specific "C" clips that were used on the water supply line connections.

Within the United States...

For an authorized servicer near you---go to:

www.lgusa.com

1) Move your *cursor* to "SUPPORT"

2) A mini-menu will be displayed---click on "Find A Repair Provider"

3) Follow the short instructions & enter your zip code.

Sorry, I should have been more specific about the type of leak. It is actually a pin-hole leak that is about a 1/4" out of the freezer door. So the chance for a coupling is not an option. I am unaware of the part that I should purchase to repair this myself. I will not pay someone for something that I can do myself, just wanted a little direction on how to disassemble the door and which product to purchase.

Go to:

www.searspartsdirect.com

Enter your model number---you'll be able to examine "exploded-imaging" of your refrigerator---and locate parts needed.

If you go to http://lgtechassist.com/kb/ and register a new account, you may be approved even if you're not authorized. You'll need to show proof that you're really in the bidness of doing appliance repair (eg, yellow pages listing where they can look you up).

Awesome. Thanks guys. Is there a difference between the kit at the hardware store and ordering the hose off of the sears part catalog?

The hose going into the door is not avail. as a part form LG. Furthermore the hose is foamed in and so is the door liner. As is the case with a lot of frig. door these days. The entire door will have to be replaced if you cannot find a way to splice it.

If Lg cannot find a servicer in your area that is willing to work with them on a one time basis they will have to exchange the unit.