Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

samsung sxs #rs2630sh

9 posts in this topic

hi. is there a tech sheet for this unit? please and thank you.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

PS2630SH

Forced Defrost

PS2630W/XA   PS2630WW

check page 21 (PDF page 46)

thanks regus. you gave me the manual before but only half of it downloaded.i'm trying to find at what temp does the defrost stat open. origional was stuck closed ordered new one and its closed at room temp as well. i don't get it.

Defrost Terminator should open at 59F

this is a different manual ..

each manual is about 4 or 5 MB

may take a while to download

take a close look at the Terminals of your Defrost Heater ...

thanks reg. got it downloaded.if it opens at 59 degrees.it should open at the room temp i tested it in. the amnual says bimetal closed at 104 f opens at 140 f. what is that about?. i get 40 ohms on the heaters through the main board. but i will look at the ends of the heaters. i'm going to replace defrost stat and defrost sensor first.also i'll try force defrost to make sure the heaters come on, but that doesn't mean they'll come on automatically though. i want to rule out all before looking at replacing the board.

[user=28826]mrfixit2[/user] wrote:

... says bimetal closed at 104 f opens at 140 f. what is that about?.

I see that now, although, right above that it mentions the Defrost Thermosatat 59F

i know ,its confusing, not opening till 140 f explains why i couldn't get it to open even with a hair dryer. but i still don't get what closed at 104 f means?.i'm beginning to dislike this fridge.i don't go back till tuesday, that will give me time to study the manual.btw the stat is one of those ones that is inside a see through plastic envelope type thing.

once it opens at 140F, it won't close again till it cools to 104F

makes sense. thanks so much reg. i'll keep you updated on the repair.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0