Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
possom767

Maytag smooth top range short

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm new here and decided to give you a try because I'm perfectly capable of doing what the repair men do, and I want to save some money. I have a Maytag 5 burner range that we got over the weekend at an auction. Came home, plugged it in and started turning on all the burners and warming center. Before I could even set the clock, or figure out how to use the oven, I saw a spark come out from behind the clock display/oven control unit. Now everything else still works but I have no oven. I checked for a fuse but didn't recognize anything that looked like one. We are having an electrician buddy check the 220 wiring for fault. What do I need and how do I do to get the oven working?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Going to need the model and serial numbers before anyone can help you probably....

Sorry, I forgot. It's a Maytag Model#MER5770BHW  Serial#13956803AG

Pull the bottom drawer out and look for a little plastic envelope taped to the side-- it has the wiring diagram, You're gonna need to get your electrician friend back out to track down a wiring problem in the range.