Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Recomended Service Van/ Truck

Tuco

It's imported, I won't buy it. I would rather buy the Ford Transit Connect,even thought the transit is assembled in Turkey it matters where the profits go, and since Ford is an American company, the profits go to USA, not to Japan like the Nissan.

Secondly, I would never buy a brand new model that hasn't been tried and trusted yet.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if Nissan has tried the NV concept in Central and South America? Seems much of the world uses trucks , vans , and buses without much concern for a carbon foot print or crash test.

I wish I could own an old world Hyundai, Isuzu , Toyota work van.Or something made in India. Most use a small diesel engine that can barely hold 50 mph.They all have a 5 or 6 speed trannys too.

I’m still looking for a good deal on an AWD Astro. Maybe I’ll find a smoking deal on a Chevy Savanna AWD…sigh.

Wow!!

That’s exactly what I’m looking for at the right price. Even like the white color. I thought it would be easy to find a clean Astro cargo van, but that has not been the case for me.

Yep, get a cheap(tuff) one-way ticket, fill the back with shopping goodies, and run hard, North by North West. :thumbsup:

Not sure I can pull it off…..but I’m thinking.

Thanks John !

All the Astros we've had are plagued by problems. I would not buy another Astro if you paid me.

The Astro van I have is a bare-bones unit ......only A.C........ no power windows, power door locks, or power mirrors......I was talking to a Pepsi sales rep. and I asked what had happened to his Astro van. He said when they hit 300,000 miles they sell it and buy new vans...BUT, no more Astros....so Pepsi has them in the new Ford transit..The rep. said it has room enough for all of his sales displays and samples...Slow on the start of a hill with enough power on the flats, but " DO NOT start on a hill in front of a log truck, you have to get out of his way .. " or else " :turned:........... At the cost of a new service vehicle, ball park price of $ 30,000.......that should cover a lot of service / repairs to a 2003 astro with only 149,XXX miles.... :thumbsup:

.......... At the cost of a new service vehicle, ball park price of $ 30,000.......that should cover a lot of service / repairs to a 2003 astro with only 149,XXX miles.... :thumbsup:

I have inventory and shipping to consider as well as a good used van. Yes, 30k is too much for a start-up operation (at least for me).

I’m currently working out of Rubbermaid tots in my garage. Not ready to go big time yet. But getting closer.

Yes if I find a good used Astro, in the 6k or so, range I will purchase it.

Archived