Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
socal88

U-Line Refrigorator/Freezer Model# JLN-C075FB-00

7 posts in this topic

The ice maker drips water into the ice bin and creates one large block of ice.  I have tried adding a filter to the water thinking that there was a water issue, but to no avail.

Please assist with recommendations great samuari repair master.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Are you sure it's the icemaker that drips and not the filltube?

Reply from Bob Sankie:

On 9/26/05, Asteysn2@***.com> wrote:

Im an authorized U-Line servicer and many of the ice molds were drilled near the front to allow excess water to drain from it. (yeah, I know... why not just adjust the dater valve timing?)

So the first thing is to find out if theres been a hol drilled in the mold. It will be easy to spot, generally just roughly drilled into the side.

Yes, there is a rough and crude hole in the front ice cube mold.

What to do now?  Is there a replacement for this part or does the entire ice maker need to be replaced with an updated ice maker.

Thanks for the help, we are moving in the right direction, or so it appears.

I do not know what the authorized fix for this would be as have never heard of this, but, if it were my ice maker think that hole would be plugged with some sort of food grade hi-temp epoxy of some kind.....:?

Another reply from m'main man, Bob:

That is exactly the course of action I take, IN SPITE of what the factory has done. The Icemaker has to be taken down or at least accessed to a point where smoothing the epoxy on the Ice side of the mold is possible where impeding the ejection of ice is not a factor.

When I asked the factory why they were drilling holes in the molds, they said it was to prevent overfilling of the icemold. Hey, maybe Im wrong here, but... isn't that what the ice thickness adjustment screw is for???

Anyway they said that some of the molds were drilled a bit too low in the mold and ergo the water of course seeps into the bucket, fills the voids, turning it into an ice block

For those of you that havent yet seen this, its quite remarkable. Someone with a 1/4 inch drill goes right into the white plastic guard and thru the mold, not even dressing out the hole. Looks like something your kid might do.

Since im an authorized servicer, I remain annoymous on this one.

Oh great samuri, protect me from those that would pull me from thier roles!

I have a U-line Model 75FF

S/N 7CF618706    9(29)

I have the same problem.

The icemaker leaks water from the bottom of the unit. I have adjusted the fill level and verified that the tray is not overflowing, but the water seems to still come through the unit and is leaking into the ice bin creating a large clump of ice.

My main question is how to remove the icemaker in order to repair or replace it. It has the normal two screws that you remove like most other icemakers. But after you remove those screws the unit is still attached to the wall of the ice compartment. There must be some hidden screws. How do you get to them? Does anybody have a parts diagram with part numbers showing how the icemaker is attached to the wall of the refrigerator or some disassembly instructions?

Thanks for your help.

Trey