Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
johnl36

Maytag Dishwasher - door latch/catch or seal problem

2 posts in this topic

Maytag Dishwasher, Jetclean Model # MDB4000AWW, Serial #: 16283399UQ

Symptoms: the machine is stopping mid cycle of the wash or rinse mode.  If I push against the door then it will continue to run.  I have attempted to adjust the door latch.  I loosened it up until the machine ran finme when the door was shut but created a new problem --> a poor seal so that water leaked on the floor.

I think I need new seals (this will put greater pressure against the latch so that it can be adjusted to run as I did before) or, if seals won't work, perhaps a new sensor on the door latch.

Your advice is very much appreciated.

PS - I also get a cloudy build up on my glasswear and soemtimes not so great cleaning.  Is this from hard water?  I just ran a batch of iron out through the washer to see if there was lime scale clogging things up...any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You need the new door switch and holder assembly, CLICK HERE.

As for the cloudy glassware, stop rinsing your dishwasher before you load 'em in the dishwasher-- you're etching your glassware because the wash water is getting too caustic without the food soils to buffer it.