Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Fran D

Setting Honeywell Aquastat L4103A 1100

4 posts in this topic

I have an Aquastat L4103A 1100 on my oil-fired water heater.  I'm trying to lower the set point, but I can't seem to get below 140F.  There aren't many gradations on the set point dial.  There's a HOT, NORM & WARM on one side of the dial and 180F on the opposite side of the dial.  I've moved it below the WARM setting, but it's still too hot. 

Does anyone have any insight to where the dial should be set?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I have an Aquastat L4103A 1100 on my oil-fired water heater.  I'm trying to lower the set point, but I can't seem to get below 140F.  There aren't many gradations on the set point dial.  There's a HOT, NORM & WARM on one side of the dial and 180F on the opposite side of the dial.  I've moved it below the WARM setting, but it's still too hot. 

Does anyone have any insight to where the dial should be set?

The dial should be at the normal setting If it is getting too hot, cotacts are sticking.

Bobice is correct,

a internet search shows:

Honeywell L4103A1100

High Limit Aquastat Controller with 100 F to 240 F operating temperature

(high limit may be physically restricted)

Edited by RegUS_PatOff

OK, do you think I can make any progress with some CRC electric parts cleaner, or am I looking at replacement?