Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Welcome to the New Forums!

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• Team Samurai

So, guess how I spent my day? If you guessed, "buttocks planted in seat in front of computer screen," you win the Grand Prize!

Everything is here but I may have some settings wrong. If you see anything weird or permissions settings that are different from the old forum, lemme know and I'll fix it mo'scratchie.

Enjoy!

Samurai

• Like 1

On the setting page that has the newletter-optout and disclaimer, it won't let you change the settings on that page unless you fill something out in those two boxes.

It doesn't give you really any clue as to what your are to be typing in these two fields.

Thanks, Willie. That was a holdover from the old forum registration. I've deleted those.

Another known problem is that about 30 to 40 Chief Apprentices transferred over as Grasshoppers. I don't have a way of identifying specifically who's affected but if you're one of 'em, please let me know and I'll straighten it out ASAP. Already fixed a few.

Keep those bug reports coming in!

Bright white background with small fonts ? :(

when I click on "Reply" it does a "Quote"

Edited by RegUS_PatOff

the bigger add reply button on the bottom doesn't add all the quotes

as for fonts.... it wont let me change mine :( just posts some type of code

also it would not allow me to send you a prvt msg samurai

ok, first button top left, removes formatting and allows change in fonts :D

Bright white background with small fonts ? :(

Since you mention that, yeah the white background does kinda make me eyes water

Members Tab

select any "letter"

i.e. B

"204 pages"

drop-down box

Jump to page ... Go

doesn't jump with any number

• Team Samurai

You have to click exactly on that tiny little upsidedown triangle for it to work.

You have to click exactly on that tiny little upsidedown triangle for it to work.

I did ..

Jump to page box opens...

I type a number and click on GO

goes to page 1

• Team Samurai

Weird. It's working for me. It's not a permissions setting thing-- your group already has permission to view the member profiles and lists, that's as far as that setting goes. Anyone else having this problem?

Weird. It's working for me. It's not a permissions setting thing-- your group already has permission to view the member profiles and lists, that's as far as that setting goes. Anyone else having this problem?

FYI, I am currently using Firefox. If I am viewing for example page 120 of the members. I click on the little triangle and a "goto page" box opens. Regardless of what page number I type in the box, when I click "go" it reverts to the page I came from (120) in this case.

Mine works exactly as Reg described, but if I just continue to feed random #'s into the box, every few times it will decide to go to a previously selected page

• Team Samurai

There is a bug there. Looks like a software glitch. You have to enter your desired page twice.

There is a bug there. Looks like a software glitch. You have to enter your desired page twice.

dosen't help

• Team Samurai

That works everytime for me in Safari. If it's any consolation, this board is getting upgraded to the latest version they just released. Might go away after that.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is here but I may have some settings wrong. If you see anything weird or permissions settings that are different from the old forum, lemme know and I'll fix it mo'scratchie.

I dunno if it's weird or different exactly, but I was going to add a reply to my request (!) for an asko service manual, since I found a couple decent ones around that are almost right- but it won't let me upload > 200k files. One's 1 meg, the other ~3meg.

I 'spose I could upload them to a file uploading/downloading site and link to them, but who knows how long they'll last there.. But, if you have storage limits or get charged per MB or GB, I totally understand the 200k limit. Well, that and people might go off posting 10 meg pictures and attaching them willy-nilly to their posts. :0

b

• Team Samurai

I set the 200k limit deliberately for ezzacly the reasons you gave.

Working on setting up the Downloads feature of this board-- that would be the place to upload manuals and diagrams.

• 2 months later...
  • Team Samurai

Woot, woot! jnkdjaaa.gif

• 1 month later...