Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
capt seaweed

GE ice maker

5 posts in this topic

Greeting wise ones,

I have a Kenmore fridge with a GE WR30X0259 ice maker that has been acting up. 1st it did not make ice so I cleaned the filter on the water valve and that seemed to take care of the problem until the ice maker over flowed with water and has created quite the frozen mess in the freezer. The ice bucket was frozen solid and the bottom of the freezer has a 1/4" ice sheet incorporating whatever was stored in the bottom of the freezer. Upon opening the cover I discovered that the gear on the ejector moter is stripped. The unit is over 10 years old and instead of replacing parts I want to replace the whole unit, what should I replace it with? I will now proceed to enjoy another beer of enlightenment while I wait for your sage advice on this difficult topic with world altering implications.

If it is not too much to ask I have another question that the answer has proved to be most ellusive. Why is it that one only needs an item 2 days after said item was thrown away in the trash after being stored for a year "in case I need it"????

Please accept my most humble praises and salutations,

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This looks to be the replacement ice maker kit according to the part number you posted.  Without a model number on this frig, which would be a G.E. frig with the Kenmore name on the front, this is all I can do to help you in your "elimination of the waterfall in the Freezer" quest...;)

The model number is 363.9724785 and the serial number is L206 63218. Hope that helps. I believe this is the original ice maker that came with the fridge but I may be wrong especially with my memory.

Thanks

All it is showing in the /Sears site are the parts to the ice maker, not the part number for the whole unit, guess you will need to go by the number on the ice maker itself...and that changes to kit number I already posted, replaces the 4 and 6 pin ice maker plugs.

Thanks, I will let you know how the situation ends up.