Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
oncemyway

cleaning drip pan

4 posts in this topic

Hello-

I have a Kenmore Model 106.50592003 side-by-side fridge.

The drip pan is filthy and has mold in it. It's just a flimsy plastic pan sitting there, but it seems to be very difficult to remove. It even looks like it's too wide to slide out the front.

How do I clean this thing? Is there a trick to removing it out the front, or maybe I have to take it out from the rear? Or am I supposed to clean it in place? (not a lot of clearance for my arm)

Thanks guys.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Shouls just slide out from the front, slides on brackets/rails....

Your pan does just slide out the front like Pegi said, but there may be a wire running across in front of it that makes it real difficult to remove. It is not on any kind of rails, just slides in on top of the insulation on bottom and there is a little tab that is just in front of the pan to kind of keep it in place all the way to the back.

This wire is basicly just to keep the pan from coming out in shipping, so if the wire has never been removed just unscrew the one screw that holds it in remove the wire and replace the screw.

Now you can get to the pan and clean it every once in a while.

thanks guys.

this fridge has a water filter on it, and the water filter mounts right in the way of the drip pan. i removed the screws to remove the filter "mount" and it's loose, but i can't pull it out because of the hoses connected. anyone know what the best way to disconnect these is?

they don't look like they connect to the bracket, they look like they are part of the bracket and i can't see how to disconnect.

thanks!