Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

SALE $ 399 Whirlpool® 4.0 Cu. Ft. Duet® F/L Washer

RegUS_PatOff

Lowes

SALE $ 399 ea Whirlpool® 4.0 Cu. Ft. Duet® F/L Washer

till 1/12/2010 <

WFW9150WW

click on picture

883049188102lg.jpg

till 1/10/2010 ? <

click on picture

WED9150WW

Whirlpool® 6.7 Cu. Ft. Duet® Electric Dryer SALE $ 399

883049188188lg.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably a closeout model. What gets me is most of the repairs on this machine cost almost that much.

<<<It's probably a closeout model. What gets me is most of the repairs on this machine cost almost that much.>>>

Why is that a concern?

If the consumer got a new washer for much less than usual-----power-to-him/her.

Repair pricing is not affected by that.

To win a prize of a new washer at the company Christmas party raffle for example, (free new front load washer) does not arbitrarily compel me to lower my prices for service.

Just ain't gonna happen & therefore I don't lose sleep over it.

<<<Hmmmmmmm - disposable washers, what a concept!>>>

Not really.

Dreadful retail environment. New 2011 models are arriving,2010 inventory must be pushed out.

I want to thank both Frigidaire and Whirlpool for totally eliminating the bottom front access panel on the front loading washers. Now if we have to do something as simple as cleaning out the drain pump, we have to remove the entire front panel and if the dryer is stacked ontop of the washer, oh well, sorry Mrs. Jones, we need to reschedule the job for 2 people.

If the unit is still under warranty, do you think the manufacturer will pay a higher labor rate for the job? Come on, don't be rediculous, they do this to save themselves manufacturing costs. :thanks::wallbash:

I want to thank both Frigidaire and Whirlpool for totally eliminating the bottom front access panel on the front loading washers...

hhmmm .. LG's and the (LG Kenmores) still have the front access panel .:whistling:

I used to be a Whirlpool supporter, but them days are gone.

First, they singlehandedly destroyed 2 perfectly good nationwide service companies, Whirlpool factory service and Maytag factory service.

Second, they started this rediculous process of calling for approval before we can use a control board.

Third, they replaced most of the front load washers models with new models from the Mexican plants. The mexican built units are total garbage.

And, they are so clueless that they would change a design to make repairs far more difficult, and not possible for 1 man to repair if the unit is stacked.

Stupid Bastards...

Archived