Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
  • Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

[Webinar] Electric Circuit Troubleshooting and EEPs   12/05/2016

I have a special topic for tonight's Office Hours webinar on electric circuit troubleshooting and EEPs. If you've taken the Fundamentals course or watched any of my Youtube videos, you know that EEPs are a topic near and dear to my heart. EEPs = Electrically Equivalent Points. Identifying EEPs on a schematic is a key skill for any appliance tech today.  Another special feature about this Office Hours: in addition to the usual Academy students and Professional Appliantologist members, Senior Appliantology Fellows and Legacy Techs at Appliantology are also welcome to join us for this Office Hours. Just click into the topic below to RSVP and to get the connection info.   
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marcplante

Kenmore Elec 153.320592

2 posts in this topic

The Hi Limit shutoff switch on our 7 year old Kenmore heater tripped...so much for the morning shower.

Does this indicate the thermostat is going? Are there likely culprits in these units?

Would it be the Top thermostat with the Hi limit switch? [42 31917]

Does the bottom thermostat matter? or does that just drive the bottom coil? [42 31919]

While I'm in the basement mucking around with the heater, is it worth opening up to clean coils to extend the heater's life? Water is not too hard, though there is a bit of reddish brown film that seems to build up on shower heads over time. We have municipal treated water as opposed to well water.

Domo

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Does this indicate the thermostat is going? Are there likely culprits in these units?

Would it be the Top thermostat with the Hi limit switch? [42 31917]

Does the bottom thermostat matter? or does that just drive the bottom coil? [42 31919]

1) yes

2) & 3) could be either one... they both heat the water.

you could change them both, since if one is worn-out, the other may soon follow.

and / or maybe the lower Element / Thermostat isn't working at all...

153.320592 Owners Manual