Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jb8103

State PRX 40 gas water heater

3 posts in this topic

We're checking mechanicals in an older home. We went to drain the water heater to check for sediment. Shut off the gas, shut off the cold water intake, opened a nearby hot water faucet at the laundry sink, attached a hose, and opened the drain valve. The water came blasting out like a fire hydrant. I had to turn the drain valve in to calm things down. The faucet in the laundry sink kept running at normal pressure, turning to cold water after a few seconds, but showing no signs of drop in pressure.

Is this typical? I was expecting a fairly-low pressure flow from the drain valve, and also that the faucet flow would taper off to practically nothing after a minute or two.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

is there an Expansion (pressure) (5 gallon?) Tank on either the Cold Water input or the Hot Water line ?

is there an Expansion (pressure) (5 gallon?) Tank on either the Cold Water input or the Hot Water line ?

Nope.

Never seen one except on hydronics systems, but then, I haven't seen much at all in this business.