Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

3 n 1?

Tuco

I condemed a Kenmore refigorator, top freezer model ( evap frost pattern 10% no cooling). As I hauled this away , notice a large Capasitor wired to the push on compressor relay.

What does this Capasitor do, and is this something I should learn to use or carry?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any numbers or post picture ?

and Fridge model number ?

Can't load a picture,says file to large ( 864 kb).

Capasitor part no. stamped on side 97F5688 G15 (made by FSP)

Its silver rectangle a little larger then a deck of cards. Two blue wires about a foot long each.

may be 200k limit here for pictures, unless you upload them somewhere http://www.imageshack.us/

then post the links here

yes, run Capacitor, but I can't find a real picture, and the replacements look different

# 38 (production Compressor)

00012659-00006.png

Thanks Reg. Yes its no. 38 in the diagram.That would mean its not an "add on" or something like a 3 n 1.

I will ask my son to help me with pictures later.

Do you carry a hard start (3n1) in your truck Kdog? I have never seen one in real and not quite sure when to install one ...if ever.

I carry one with me that I have wired into a cheater cord, whenever I encounter a non-starting compressor I first ohm out all windings (including ground-all pins), and identify the start (highest), run (lowest) and common(both added up) - if it makes sense, I wire the hard start to the compressor, clamp ammeter on run winding and plug the relay directly into outlet - if compressor amp draw seems ok after running awhile - I will install a correct replacement relay onto compressor; at this time, 3 in 1 gets all wrapped back up in fridge bag and put away 'til next time - I NEVER leave those on a compressor, if it won't work as it's designed, I condemn the compressor. End of story

Archived