Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
vansonly

Fridgidair Ice maker won't work

3 posts in this topic

I have a Frigidair Model FRS20ZRG DZ. I replaced a part a couple of months ago and I wish I remembered what the part was called. The part was located at the back of the firdge at the bottom. It was a valve/coupling of some sort. The main water line that feeds the fridge attaches to this device then the water lines that feed the water on the door and the ice maker branch off from here. Anyway I replaced that assuming it would fix my problem but no dice. :wallbash: When I lower the arm on the ice maker it just a strange noize every so often as if it wants to make ice but nothing comes out. :wallbash: Like I said the water on the door works fine. But I do need a new filter though.

Any thoughts or ideas on what my problem might be would be greatly appreciated. :imnotworthy::imnotworthy:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I have a Frigidair Model FRS20ZRG DZ. I replaced a part a couple of months ago and I wish I remembered what the part was called. The part was located at the back of the firdge at the bottom. It was a valve/coupling of some sort. The main water line that feeds the fridge attaches to this device then the water lines that feed the water on the door and the ice maker branch off from here. Anyway I replaced that assuming it would fix my problem but no dice. :wallbash: When I lower the arm on the ice maker it just a strange noize every so often as if it wants to make ice but nothing comes out. :wallbash: Like I said the water on the door works fine. But I do need a new filter though.

Any thoughts or ideas on what my problem might be would be greatly appreciated. :imnotworthy::imnotworthy:

I did some research and found that the part I replaced is called a: Part number 218832401 Valve-water,dual solenoid, 115V, w/nut

as long as you know that the water lines were correctly reconnected to the new valve then your going to have to do some voltage checks. You can cycle the ice maker by pulling clockwise on the tines that rake the ice out. You dont have to go far and the ice maker will start cycling on its own. from that point you got about 3 minutes before 120V should be supplied to the water valve to allow water to come into the ice maker. I cant view your diagram at the moment but there should be a tech sheet located behind the front kick panel in a bag glued to the bottom of the frame...just right of center of the unit. it will show you wire colors for the coils.